A Commitment to the Community
Since acquiring the Seneca County landfill in 2019, WIN Waste Innovations has demonstrated a commitment to the community and the environment, creating a standard of excellence in landfill operations. WIN Waste Innovations of Seneca County operates in full compliance with the Clean Air Act and has established itself as a good neighbor and environmental steward by reducing both landfill emissions and public complaints.
Frequently Asked Questions
WIN Waste Innovations of Seneca County is in full compliance with regulations and permits and is continually making improvements to landfill operations to minimize our environmental footprint. WIN Waste is a major employer, economic driver, and community contributor in Seneca, Hancock and Wood counties.
A Standard of Operational Excellence
- WIN Waste Innovations of Seneca County operates in compliance with all Ohio EPA regulations and environmental permit requirements.
- Air quality around the landfill meets the Clean Air Act and National Ambient Air Quality Standards.
- Landfill emissions are continuously monitored to ensure air quality standards are achieved and potential for odors addressed proactively.
- These results are provided to Ohio EPA and Seneca County General Health District (SCGHD) every month.
- SCGHD has performed more than 150 inspections at WIN Waste Innovations Seneca County without any violations.
WIN Waste Innovations of Seneca County’s Sustainable Gas Treatment System has been fully operational since June 2023, safely removing sulfur from the landfill gas stream and converting it for use in agricultural applications.
In 2026, WIN Waste will open a new facility that converts landfill gas into renewable energy, making WINSC one of the most technologically advanced and environmentally friendly landfills in the world.
Supporting the community.
WIN Waste is a major community sponsor, partnering with:
- American Cancer Society
- Fostoria Area Chamber of Commerce
- Fostoria Athletic Boosters
- Fostoria Community Arts Council
- Fostoria F.O.P.
- Fostoria Kiwanis Club
- Brian Krotzer
- Greater Fostoria Community Foundation
- Hopewell-Loudon Music Boosters
- Hopewell-Loudon Schools Baseball
- Kaubisch Memorial Public Library
- Leadership Seneca County
- Mohawk High School Girls Basketball
- National Fire Safety Council, Inc.
- New Riegel American Legion Post #354
- New Riegel Volunteer Firemen, Inc.
- NOW Elite Basketball
- Old Fort Little League
- P.M. Gillmor Community Park
- Sisters in Shelter
- Tiffin Middle School
- Tiffin Firefighters Local 322
- Walnut Grove Children’s Benefit
- Wesley Center
Local vendors who have partnered with WIN Waste include:
- Beaver Excavating Company
- BoJhun Environmental Services
- Bugner’s Sewer & Septic Cleaning
- CEC, Inc.
- Clouse Construction
- Cornerstone Environmental
- Columbus Equipment Company
- Frankart Electric
- Ohio Automotive
- Ohio Cat
- SCS Engineers
- Sparks Commercial Tire
- Whitta Construction
“We appreciate WIN Waste Innovations and the OSS Aim to be Green program for providing our residents more options for convenient recycling.”
— Eric Keckler, mayor, City of Fostoria